Accepting, Reducing, Declining Aid
All the hard work of filling out applications and meeting deadlines has an up side: getting a notice that you have received a financial award or loan approval. To accept your aid, you will need to use your student login. If you have not received a login, contact your Admissions Representative or your advisor.
How to Accept or Decline your Financial Aid
- Log into to Davenport.edu
- Click Login in the upper right hand corner this will bring you to the Student Connection
- Click on Accept Your Financial Aid under Financial Tools/Financial Aid Section
- Click on Self Service Banner
- Click on the drop down box to Select Aid Year and choose 2015-2016
- Click on Submit
- Click on Accept Award Offer tab at the top. The Accept Award column are all the funds that you have the option to accept for the entire year and will have a drop down arrow allowing you to accept the full amount, reduce or decline the award. To accept a partial amount, type in how much of the award you would like to receive in the Accept Partial Amount text box. The amount you accept will be split evenly between the semesters that are awarded.
- Choose Accept or Decline for each fund that is offered (if you want partial amounts, please input the amount that you want to accept.)
- Click on Submit Decision
What to do with grants or scholarships?
The Financial Aid office will automatically accept most grants and scholarships for you, since you do not have to pay these back.
Housing Scholarship - If you have been offered a Housing Scholarship and plan to live on campus you will need to accept the Housing Scholarship.
Foundation Scholarship - If you have been offered a Foundation Scholarship and agree to allow your basic personal information to be shared with University donors, you will need to accept the Foundation Scholarship.
Click here to accept your scholarships.
What to do with loans?
1. Decide if you want the loan. Once you have been awarded a loan, you have the option to accept, reduce or decline it. You won't receive any loan money until you make a selection in Self-Service Banner (SSB). We have downloadable PDF instructions to help you decide.
2. After reading the instructions, go to Self service Banner (SSB) to accept your loans (login required) to submit your selection of loans.
3. Once you submit your decision, you have completed the process. Loans will disburse to your student account during the semester according to the disbursement schedule on your loan disclosure statement that you received from the federal government.