PC/MAC Hardware Requirements
The following are the minimum system hardware requirements currently needed to support Blackboard. You may be able to use some older systems. However, if you have less than these minimum requirements, we may not be able to provide you with adequate support to solve all problems that may arise.
PC: Windows 7 or greater
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Mac OS: 10.6 or greater
- Mac computer with an Intel processor
- 1GB of memory
- 5GB of available disk space
- DVD drive for installation
- Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
Internet Connection Speeds
Internet connection speeds will affect the amount of information and the rate that information may be accessed over the Internet. If you connect to the Internet from home over a dial-up connection, the download rate for accessing documents in your online course will be significantly slower than would over a broadband connection.
Please note: if your online course includes accessing video or audio files, or downloading PowerPoint files, there may be a several seconds to several minutes wait before you can view the material.