Getting connected to DU WiFi has never been easier!
In order to access DU WiFi you must be authenticated as a valid University student or staff member. Select your device type for detailed instructions on how to register for WiFi
- Ubuntu Linux
- Windows 7/Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 8
- Register your gaming device
- Register your wireless printer
Connect to WiFi
First, start up your wireless computer, then:
- Activate your WiFi interface
- Connect to the du-secure wireless network
- A login prompt will appear (enter valid DU username and password)
Enter your regular login username and password. This is typically your first initial and last name, such as "jpublic". Please note: more common names may have incremental digits following the username, such as "jsmith19".
If you do not connect to the du-secure WiFi network, try the following:
- Move to a location in the building known to have wireless coverage
- Make sure that your wireless card is on and functional
- If you still cannot connect after a minute, please try to reboot
- Remove other wireless configurations
Unsupported Device Types
Although most devices will work with 802.1x authentication, there are a few that still do not support this method of network authentication. The following devices are known to not work on our du-secure wireless network:
- Sony Reader
- Kindle (Regular)
- Kindle Touch
If you still have problems, you may connect to the network called DU-Guest. This network is unsecure and has much slower data speeds. The DU-Guest network will require a few items of information before you are able to connect. If you are still having problems or need to connect to du-secure, please contact the CSC for in-depth troubleshooting.
For detailed configuration using the preferred Cisco Aironet Wireless adaptors, visit Cisco's Wifi Page
For support contact the Customer Support Center.