Set Yourself Apart with SHRM
The Society of Human Resource Management is the world's largest association devoted to human resource management. Davenport University is a preferred provider of the SHRM Learning System® course for human resource professionals who want to:
- Prepare for the PHR or SPHR exam (see eligibility requirements below)
- Enhance career potential and professional status
- Learn Human Resource management concepts and theory
- Learn practical lessons from working HR professionals
The SHRM Learning System is designed to offer:
- A comprehensive study of key concepts and responsibilities in HR management
- Six modules of functional HR knowledge identified by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI)
- Complete, targeted preparation for PHR and SPHR exams
Davenport University offers the course in two learning formats (click link to desired format for additional information and to sign up for the session):
Both formats cost $1,195 (including materials) and cover the same material over 13 weeks with 36 hours of class time. You choose which learning format is best for you.
To learn more call Lesa Bergsma at the Institute for Professional Excellence at (616) 233-2581 or email us. To enroll, click the desired learning format above and complete the registration form.
Who is eligible to take the exam?
- 1 year of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Master's degree or higher
- 2 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Bachelor's degree
- 4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with less than a Bachelor's degree
- 4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Master's degree or higher
- 5 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Bachelor's degree
- 7 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with less than a Bachelor's degree
For full eligibility requirements and comprehensive information, please visit the Human Resource Certification Institute's website.
This program is offered in cooperation with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) as study material for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification examinations administered by HRCI.
Davenport University has been awarded national recognition of its BBA Human Resources and MBA Human Resources concentration degree programs. The University’s programs are now listed by the Society For Human Resources Management (SHRM) as meeting or exceeding their professional competency standards.