Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Exam Preparation Course
Classes Starting in January 2015!
This course is designed by coding experts to introduce and strengthen coding skills to help you achieve more in your career. Medical Insurance Billing and Coding specialists are in high demand with a shortage of qualified candidates. Upon successful completion of this course, students are prepared to challenge the CPC exam, a national coding certification exam. The CPC credential is nationally recognized by healthcare employers, particularly physician offices, clinics, and hospitals for professional and outpatient coding positions. The coding credentials from AAPC are in high demand throughout the U.S. with little risk of positions being automated or outsourced due to the complexity of the work.
- 80 total contact hours (as required by the AAPC)
- Resource for anyone preparing for the AAPC CPC ® certification exam
- A must have certification for anyone who is employed or thinking about a career in medical billing and coding
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
- Current work experience within the last 4 years in a medical office setting performing duties such as medical billing or medical coding
Next Course Dates:
Grand Rapids, MI:
To receive a certificate of completion and eligibility for the CPC credential, you must receive a passing score of 73%.
At the close of this course, students will:
- Understand the purpose and use of the CPT®, ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS code manuals
- Use the information found in appendices of the CPT® manual
- Explain and determine levels of E/M services
- Code a wide variety of patient charts using CPT®, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS codes
- Identify and explain the major features and uses of Level II National Codes
- Apply official coding guidelines and conventions when assigning diagnosis and procedure codes
- Understand and explain the official ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM coding principals
- Identify and explain the difference between ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM codes
- Understand and explain the purpose and use of Coding Clinics and CPT Assistants
- Principles of coding related to the CPT®, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS code manual
Required Textbooks (included with course fee):