Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP)
Davenport University was accepted into AQIP in January 2011. AQIP infuses the principles and benefits of continuous improvement into the culture of colleges and universities by providing an alternative process through which an already-accredited institution can maintain its accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission. With AQIP, an institution that demonstrates it meets accreditation standards and expectations through sequences of events that align with those ongoing activities that characterize organizations striving to improve their performance.
As part of the accreditation process, AQIP expects each institution to use the Criteria to structure its Systems Portfolio. The Systems Portfolio consists of an Institutional Overview and sections for each AQIP Criteria as listed below.
- Helping Students Learn
- Accomplishing Other Distinctive Objectives
- Understanding Students’ and Other Stakeholders’ Needs
- Valuing People
- Leading and Communicating
- Supporting Institutional Operations
- Measuring Effectiveness
- Planning Continuous Improvement
- Building Collaborative Relationships