Be Part of the Explosion: Networking Technology
Explosive expansion of 45 percent is projected through 2018 in the field of information technology (IT). This places IT careers among the top five growth industries. The most rapid growth is projected among network systems and data communications analysts. Sound exciting? Davenport can help you get where the world is going – in Networking Technology.
Find the Right Fit with Flexible Options
The Associate Applied Science (AAS) degree in Networking Technology prepares you for immediate entry-level networking employment upon graduation. Using the same foundational curriculum as the bachelor’s degree program, the associate’s degree program is a great way to get started on your career path for this growing field.
You will be equipped with the technical knowledge and skills to:
- Acquire and install hardware and software
- Design, install, administer and maintain network systems and computers
- Thrive in an organizational environment with communication and business skills
- Sit for certification exams for Microsoft, Cisco and CompTIA
- Courses are available in both traditional classroom settings and via online/distance learning.
Choosing our Bachelor's Degree in Networking Technology is the top choice if you want to be eligible for the highest pay scale and long-term career growth upon graduation.
Networking positions offer unlimited potential, with new positions emerging all the time. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported 2010 median hourly wages of $33.25/hr. ($69,160/yr.) in network administration positions. In Michigan, network administration wages average $32.73/hr. for candidates at the bachelor’s degree level.
- LAN Specialist
- Network Administrator
- Network Analyst
- Network Consultant
- Network Engineer
- Network Security Administrator
- Network Security Analyst
- Network Technician
- Network Security Specialist
- System Administrator
- WAN Specialist
- VoIP Administrator
- The national reputation of Davenport’s curriculum and instructors
- A broad range of organizations across Michigan and the U.S. regularly hire DU graduates
- Curriculum designed to provide targeted, relevant skills and knowledge base for real-world employers
The DU Advantage
- Courses available online and in classroom
- State-of-the-art online technology and support
- High quality coursework
- 11 campuses statewide
- Low student-to-faculty ratio
- Specializing in careers of the future
- Practical, in-field experiences
Talk to a DU advisor at your campus about creating a flexible schedule that works for you.
ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE • 60-61 CREDITS MINIMUM • NETWTECH AAS
The Computer Networking Technology program is designed to provide students with the technical knowledge, skills, and strategies required to install, administer, and maintain computers and network systems. The courses in this program will cover topics directly related to the objectives of certification exams.
***Which class should I take? When should I take it? Please click here for a recommended program sequence.
|Foundations of Excellence||21-22 cr.|
|ACES100 or OPEN||Achieving Career and Education Success or (if exempt) Open Elective||3 cr.|
|COMM120||Presentation Techniques||3 cr.|
|ENGL110||Advanced Composition||3 cr.|
|MATH125||Intermediate Algebra||3 cr.|
|MATH135 or MATH150||College Algebra or Pre-Calculus||3-4 cr.|
|SOSC201||Diversity in Society||3 cr.|
|Foundations of Business||6 cr.|
|BUSN210||Professional Ethics||3 cr.|
|MGMT211||Management Foundations||3 cr.|
|Foundations of Technology||6 cr.|
|BITS211||Microcomputer Applications: Spreadsheet||3 cr.|
|CISP111||Requirements Planning and Developing||3 cr.|
|IAAS224||Implementing Network Security||3 cr.|
|NETW101||PC Operating Systems||3 cr.|
|NETW141||MS Client and Server OS||3 cr.|
|NETW151||Cisco Networking Fundamentals||3 cr.|
|NETW152||Cisco Routing and Switching||3 cr.|
|NETW201||PC Maintenance and Management||3 cr.|
|NETW217||UNIX Operating System||3 cr.|
|NETW235||UNIX/Linux Server Administration||3 cr.|
|NETW241||MS Implement Network Infrastructure||3 cr.|