Student Directions for scheduling Distance Proctoring for MFT
Distance proctoring is not available to all students. You will only be granted a Distance Designation to take a Distance Proctored test if you live further than 60 miles away from a DU campus testing site.
How do I schedule Distance Proctoring?
To register for Distance Proctoring:
- Locate a nearby university, community college, or professional testing center to proctor your online ETS Major Field Test in Business (MFT). We generally direct students to the National College Testing Centers Location Page. This, however, is not a perfect search tool as not all centers who are capable of proctoring your exam are part of NCTA. The internet and your understanding of your community academic institutions is perhaps equally helpful.
- Requirements: This exam requires TWO computers. One for student use which will require the temporary download of a secure browser for the Major Field Test which is supported by ETS, the same company that offers CLEP. The other computer is required to launch and monitor the progress of the student's exam via a website that once opened can be minimized as not to negatively impact the daily routine of the center.
- Notify the Davenport University MFT desk of your selected testing site by filling out this form.
- Schedule your appointment.
- Within 1 to 2 weeks, your exam should arrive at the testing institution. If they do not contact you, you should contact them to verify that your test has arrived and then proceed to schedule your Major Field Test appointment.
- Your MFT must be completed and submitted at least 10 business days prior to the end of term for which it has been assigned.
- The test is timed and is limited to 2.5 hours in duration. This includes a brief survey and two 60 minute timed computer sections.